Wednesday 3 January 2018

Golden Globe Film Picks 2018

The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards airs this Sunday January 7th 
I will be hosting a viewing party with my film festival friends so I wanted to post my picks for the FILM portion only since it's more relevant to us and to this blog.
Also,  on the food side I will probably make a Party Size pizza and may spark up my Instant Pot to make some fast chicken wings.
Of course there will be popcorn and munchies.   
What is your favourite movie watching food?
Movies
Best Motion Picture - Drama
    "Call Me by Your Name"
    "Dunkirk"
    "The Post"  My pick because it's getting huge buzz and because of it's relevance
    "The Shape of Water"
    "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
    "The Disaster Artist"
    "Get Out"
    "The Greatest Showman"
    "I, Tonya" - My pick because it was one of the most talked about films at TIFF this year.  I will see it on Saturday.
    "Lady Bird"
    Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
    Jessica Chastain, "Molly's Game"
    Sally Hawkins, "The Shape of Water"
    Frances McDormand, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    Meryl Streep, "The Post"  My Pick.. Well because it's Meryl.. Da...
    Michelle Williams, "All the Money in the World"
    Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
    Timothée Chalamet, "Call Me by Your Name"
    Daniel Day-Lewis, "Phantom Thread"
    Tom Hanks, "The Post"
    Gary Oldman, "Darkest Hour"  My Pick.  This was the film I wanted to see at Tiff the most and have yet to see but highly anticipated performance from Oldman.
    Denzel Washington, "Roman J. Israel, Esq."
    Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
    Judi Dench, "Victoria & Abdul"
    Margot Robbie, "I, Tonya"  My pick because Hollywood loves transormations and she looks nothing like Margot Robbie in this.
    Saoirse Ronan, "Lady Bird"
    Emma Stone, "Battle of the Sexes"
    Helen Mirren, "The Leisure Seeker"
    Best Director
    Guillermo del Toro, "The Shape of Water"  My pick because of the challenges of filming this type of movie.
    Martin McDonagh, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    Christopher Nolan, "Dunkirk"
    Ridley Scott, "All The Money in the World"
    Steven Spielberg, "The Post"
    Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
    Steve Carell, "Battle of the Sexes"
    Ansel Elgort, "Baby Driver"
    James Franco, "The Disaster Artist"  My pick because of the huge popularity of Franco and this film.
    Hugh Jackman, "The Greatest Showman"
    Daniel Kaluuya, "Get Out"
    Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
    Mary J. Blige, "Mudbound"
    Hong Chau, "Downsizing"
    Allison Janney, "I, Tonya"  My pick,  once again this is career making performance and the transformation from nice Allison Janney to mean mother.
    Laurie Metcalf, "Lady Bird"
    Octavia Spencer, "The Shape of Water"
    Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
    Willem Dafoe, "The Florida Project"
    Armie Hammer, "Call Me by Your Name"
    Richard Jenkins, "The Shape of Water"
    Christopher Plummer, "All the Money in the World"  My pick because the buzz is he made the film better than the original Kevin Spacey casting and because he is a legend and deserves it.
    Sam Rockwell, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    Best Original Score in a Motion Picture
    "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    "The Shape of Water"  My pick and this is just a guess because I don't really know why the others would have a great score.
    "Phantom Thread"
    "The Post"
    "Dunkirk"
    Best Screenplay in a Motion Picture
    "The Shape of Water"
    "Lady Bird"
    "The Post"  My pick because of the subject matter it dictates great writing.
    "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
    "Molly's Game"
    Best Motion Picture - Foreign Language
    "A Fantastic Woman"
    "First They Killed My Father"  My pick because it's backed by Angelina Jolie so it's gotten more attention than the others.
    "In the Fade"
    "Loveless"
    "The Square"
    Best Animated Film
    "The Boss Baby"
    "The Breadwinner"
    "Ferdinand"
    "Coco"  My pick because a lot of people really seemed to love this film.
    "Loving Vincent"
    I will post an update after the awards to show who actually won and see how close I was to getting them right.
    I will also add pics of the party.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment