Thursday 2 July 2015

ICFF - Italian Contemporary Film Festival- Industry Day


It's a bit later than I would normally post this but I have been so busy trying to keep up with all of the festivals going on in this city that I haven't had time to write about my visit to 4th Annual ICFF- Italian Contemporary Film Festival's Industry Day.  I was so busy during the week of ICFF June 11-19, 2015 that I only had 1 day free to attend any of their program and that day fell on their Industry Day.
This year it was all about Animation.  I don't do animation and don't know as much as I should about it so I decided to go and see what's the latest in Animation.   Industry Day was held at Studio 10 at the Pinewood Studios downtown.  It was held all afternoon in the studio.

It was presented by Sheridan College and speakers from Sheridan and production company AIC Movie Inc/AMBI and Rainbow CGI.

Mostly the day focused on the program at Sheridan College which is a leader in producing Animators for film and television and they showcased some of the students works.  AMBI talked about some of their past and future big productions.  Their notable upcoming project will be Artic Justice which they have high hopes of it competing with the large Hollywood Animation studios.  It has a huge cast of well known actors such as James Franco, Alec Baldwin, John Cleese and Angelica Huston.

The fun part of the day was the motion capture demo at the end of the day with the actors showing how their movements are captured live to add CGI effects so that the Directors can direct mixed set ups with real actors blocking the movements that can be animated in the computers live.

    


Unfortunately I didn't have time to see any of the films but one that I really wanted to see was The Colossal Failure of the Modern Relationship by Sergio Navaretta.  It was also screened at another local festival in the same week and I still didn't have a chance to see it there but since it's Canadian I am hoping it goes to another one of our many film festivals in the city or it gets picked up by one of the networks.

Although I didn't have time to attend as much of ICFF as I would have liked it did seem to me that it was a well organized festival that was trying to showcase the best in Italian Film and the Industry collaborations.

I have a friend that attended the Opening Night party and it looked like I missed a good party.  You know Italians know how to throw a party with fabulous food and drink.  I hope it falls on a better week for me next year so that I can spend a bit more time attending some films and parties.

Til next year ICFF.

Fore more info about the Festival www.ICFF.CA    #ICFILMFEST15


No comments:

Post a Comment